Rappers are well known for some of their wild lyrics and talk about crimes from things like theft to larger things like murder. Although some of them are all talk, others are actually revealing some real life horror stories from either themselves or those in their group. What exactly happens when a rapper has actually decided to kill someone? Sometimes their promising career, all of the fame and all of the fortune just isn’t enough for some of them to leave behind the street life. Sometimes they just have bad luck and are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Here is a list of 5 rappers who have killed:
- Cassidy: In 2005, when this famous rappers career was just starting to peak, he dropped his new song “I’m a Hustler”. This was all overshadowed by his arrest later in the year. He was charged with many things, including murder, and later convicted of manslaughter.
- Gucci Mane: He has seen the back of a cop car almost as many times as he has released a new album. In 2006, he ended up killing someone in self-defense for himself.
- Cool-C: He was convicted of murder in 1996 for the murder of a police officer. This murder took place during a bank robbery. Although he was placed on death row, he is still incarcerated today.
- Mac Minister: He ended up appearing on an episode of America’s Most Wanted for murdering 2 men. He was found in 2006 and brought to trial where he was sentenced to life in prison.
- G. Dep: He couldn’t live with the guilt of a murder he committed and even though police never suspected him, he ended up turning himself in for a murder that happened during a robbery attempt gone bad. In 2012 he was sentenced to 15 years in prison.